Search 
 
 
  Archives
CHILDREN'S
SECTION

 
 
 
OCT 2018  
News
A New Map Reveals the Causes of Forest Loss Worldwide

Of the roughly 3 million sq. km of forest lost worldwide from 2001 to 2015, a recent analysis suggests that 27 per cent of that loss was permanent—the result of land being converted for industrial agriculture to meet global demand for products, such as soy, timber, beef, and palm oil. The other 73 per cent of deforestation during that time was caused by activities where trees were intended to grow back, including sustainable forestry, subsistence farming, and wildfires, researchers report in the journal Science. Understanding why forests are shrinking is important because the ecological impacts of permanent forest destruction are different from that of more temporary losses.

Source: https://www.sciencenews.org/

   
© TERI 2017
Close

Nominations open for CSP Today India awards 2013


The inaugural CSP Today India awards ceremony takes place on March 12, and CSP developers, EPCs, suppliers and technology providers can now be nominated.

CSP has made tremendous progress since the announcement of the Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission in 2010. With Phase I projects now drawing closer to completion, the first milestone in India’s CSP learning curve is drawing closer. CSP Today has chosen the next CSP Today India conference (12-13 March, New Delhi) as the time for the industry to reflect upon its progress and celebrate its first achievements.

At the awards ceremony, industry leaders will be recognized for their achievements in one of 4 categories: CSP India Developer Award, CSP India Engineering Performance Award, CSP India Technology and Supplier Award, and the prestigious CSP India Personality of the Year.

Matt Carr, Global Events Director at CSP Today, said at the opening of nominations that “CSP Today are excited to launch these esteemed awards, which will enhance the reputation of their recipients. I am particularly excited to launch the CSP India Personality of the Year award, a distinguished honor for the industry figure deemed worthy by their peers.”

All eyes will be on the CSP Today India 2013 Awards when nomination entry closes on February 4 and the finalists are announced on February 11. The awards are open to all industry stakeholders to nominate until February 4 at
http://www.csptoday.com/india/awards-index.php or by e-mail to awards@csptoday.com

Contact:
Matt Carr
+44 (0) 20 7375 7248
matt@csptoday.com